Depop is one of the best and simple applications for reselling used clothes and accessories. With user-friendly features and high popularity, come strict rules and regulations. To keep the website fraud-free and scam-free, Depop has set some rules on restriction illegal items from selling.
Restricted Item List
- Adult-only material and nudity
- Animals and wildlife products
- Counterfeit currency and stamps
- Counterfeit items, replicas, and unauthorized copies
- Credit cards or bank and personal details.
- Data banks, mailing lists, and personal information
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Drop-shipping from brands.
- Food and edible items
- Firearms, weapons, and military items
- Fireworks and kit for their implementation.
- Goods from embargoed countries.
- Government, transit, and shipping-related items, government documents, IDs, and licenses
- Graphic and violent imagery
- Hate speech and discriminatory content
- Hazardous materials such as fire extinguishers, radioactive materials, flammable gases, combustible items, pesticides and poisons, and toxic substances.
- Human remains, human organs, and body parts
- Lock-picking and locksmithing devices
- Lotteries, giveaways, and mystery boxes or mystery items, where a seller offers an item or number of items for sale for a set price, without specifying the items that the buyer will receive.
- All medical devices (prescription and over-the-counter medical devices), including contact lenses and used or unused diagnostic tests.
- Perfumes and cosmetics
- Plants and seeds
- Products that are subject to safety regulations.
- Real estate
- Recalled items that are recalled by a manufacturer or another government agency.
- A second-hand clothing item that is not disclosed to be second-hand or used.
- State or public agencies ownerships, artistic, historical, and archaeological properties
- Stocks and other securities
- Stolen property and property with removed serial numbers.
- Technology and electronics
- TV de-scramblers
- Vouchers, gift cards, digital and non-material goods.
Basically, Depop does not allow anything other than clothing and clothing accessories such as bags, shoes, jewelry, sunglasses, hair bands, and hair clips to sell on its platform. These items can either be used before by the seller or exclusively handcrafted and designed by the seller. If Depop finds out about any illegal or above-mentioned item on its platform, it’ll immediately take legal action and remove the item from the listing.
Create professional product photos with Blend.
High-converting product photos are critical in e-commerce businesses. Use Blend to automatically remove your product photo’s background and showcase your products with thousands of templates across all top e-commerce product categories.